One of the main advantages of hexagonal tiles is the possibility of creating interesting and original patterns
From simple, symmetrical patterns to more elaborate and artistic designs, hexagonal tiles offer a wide range of creative possibilities. The following guide delves into the many ways of using hexagonal tiles in bathrooms or kitchens.
The hexagonal tile: tradition and modernity
The current hexagonal tiles are a direct reference to the Mudejar architectural style, popular in the Iberian Peninsula between the 13th and 16th centuries. The shape of hexagonal tiles allows for very different décor styles. The various size, color and pattern options, in conjunction with the characteristics of each specific space and project, provide a vast array of possibilities.
Hexagonal bathroom and kitchen tiles are currently available in a myriad of colors and finishes. They are an unbeatable choice when trying to give an elegant and timeless look to floors and walls. The effect is even more striking and authentic when they feature a 3D surface texture. Their versatile and eye-catching design makes them an ideal choice for both bathrooms and kitchens.
Hexagonal tiles in bathrooms
The bathroom floor sets the tone for the rest of the space, projecting the type of interior design. Depending on the size of the bathroom, some colors and formats are more suitable than others.
Hexagonal tiles provide the following advantages:
- The design of hexagonal tiles is highly expressive and decorative. A mosaic can be arranged in geometric patterns or in a more organic mural effect by mixing and combining colors and tones.
- Hexagonal tiles create a visual effect of continuity in floor and walls with a subtle geometric mesh. Depending on the effect we are looking for, we can use minimal or exaggerated joints in width and color.
- Their practicality and durability. This type of material is easy to clean and maintain, making it an ideal choice for kitchens and bathrooms, where hygiene is paramount.
Hexagonal tiles for bathroom walls
A hexagonal shape is very aesthetic and a great choice to cover surfaces, shower areas or walls. Its angular geometry creates a beautiful backdrop for the fluid curves of modern bathrooms or kitchens.
Hexagonal tiles can be installed in many ways in the bathroom:
- Highlighting specific areas, such as a washbasin or shower wall, or even the floor, enhancing the space’s aesthetics.
- Thanks to their decorative qualities, hexagonal tiles offer great visual results. Installing them in a defined area of the wall or in an alcove are good examples.
- A combination of different-sized hexagonal tiles in a small bathroom creates a sense of greater space.
- If you’re looking for a minimalist style, install tiles in one color only to create a polished and elegant look. If you prefer something bolder, you can combine different tones of hexagonal tiles to create a stunning visual effect.
Ideas for hexagonal tiles in bathrooms
Hexagonal tiles add character and dynamism to a room, breaking with the traditional straight lines. Overlapping motifs create a three-dimensional effect and add depth to the space.
The unparalleled versatility of this geometric tile is the ideal means to create very different effects in the bathroom. Hence, we can achieve anything from a relaxing to a more artistic or daring décor.
The following ideas are a good starting point:
– Combine hexagonal tiles of different sizes in the same space to create a geometric pattern with a hypnotic effect.
– Mix colors to create a wall with a mural effect. This can be easily achieved with a simple transition from a lighter to a darker color.
– Use the same hexagonal tile for a single wall and the entire floor.
– Install hexagonal tiles in one area.
– Create compositions with wood finishes. Plain hexagonal tiles combine surprisingly well with wood floors, whether they are laminate, porcelain, ceramic or natural wood floors. Wood furnishings also add a touch of elegance and sophistication to the environment.
Hexagonal tiles in kitchens
Hexagonal tiles in the kitchen are a highly decorative and original option. They can be installed on the backsplash to add a touch of style to the cooking area or on one of the walls. Hexagonal kitchen tiles in bright colors or with eye-catching patterns can turn this room into a space full of personality. The geometric shape adapts to the corners and the smaller or irregular spaces.
Color and design in hexagonal wall tiles
As for the color combination, you can opt for a monochrome palette to achieve a sophisticated and modern look. Neutral tones, such as white, grey and black, are popular options that suit any style of décor. You can also play with brighter and bolder colors. Blue, green or yellow, for example, add a touch of energy and vitality to your bathroom or kitchen.
At Fontile you can find the best options of PORCELANOSA Group, hexagonal tiles like the examples of models from L’Antic Colonial brand below:
#1 Blue for bathroom hexagonal wall tiles
Blue is an appropriate color for covering bathroom walls. Blending and combining different tones creates a cheerful and personal atmosphere.
#2 Grey and black hexagonal floor tiles
Black, grey or anthracite hexagonal floor tiles offer a more discreet, sober and elegant look. When combined with a white joint, they visually enhance the wall tile and lighten the room’s visual perception.
#3 White hexagonal tiles
Marble has an undeniable decorative elegance and potential. It is a classic material that has been contemporarily recreated. While adding personality to the floors, white hexagonal marble tiles provide texture and character to wall tiles.
In short, hexagonal tiles offer a wide range of options to transform your space into something unique and special. Thanks to their durability and ease of maintenance, these tiles are a safe investment when it comes to embellishing and modernizing your bathroom or kitchen.
Visit our showroom to check out the options!